Thursday 1 November 2018

Halloween - my first Trick or Treat

Wednesday 31 October 2018 - Halloween


Gavin's Halloween Pumpkin

Breakfast at Denny's and an early start north.


Perfect.


I got into my big truck (still makes me giggle) and drove from Fort Bragg to Crescent City which took about 4 1/2 hours. The coastline of northern California is quite incredible. One minute you see beautiful craggy beaches and then you are right into deep dark redwood forests with mist swirling around.  Quite eerie. Some of these redwood trees are just humungous and defy belief.



Danny & Gavin dwarfed 
by a 2,500 old tree


Beautiful coastline





After getting settled in I went to visit with Larry & Angie & their kids Gavin & Danny. Larry is Commander of the Crescent City area of California Highway Patrol.  He came to my rescue in 2011 when my rental van gave up the ghost on a country road and we've remained in touch since and visited a couple of times.

I had my first experience of Trick and Treating with his sons Gavin and Danny.

Danny and Gavin

There were some very clever and cute outfits on some very clever and cute kids....and puppies.









Add caption





A good day but my hyper vigilance while driving drained my energy .... sleep is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment