Tuesday 30 October 2018

Aah got me a truuuuck!



Tuesday 30 October 2018

After I finished my blog last night I headed out to Mel's Diner for a grilled cheese sandwich. Very tasty. I love the decor in this place and they even have one of those little juke box doohickeys on the tables.


Grilled Cheese Sanger


Table top juke box

Mel's Diner


Good bye San Francisco. Time to head farther north. I uberred to a north side Enterprise Car rental to minimise having to drive myself through the chaos SF calls traffic.

I've rented a car for the next 12 days with the plan of leaving it in LA when I leave. Another plan gone awry. The rental for a compact car for 12 days is $350 but if I leave it in LA it will be $850.  Whaaaat? While I was humming and hahing and lifting my bottom jaw off the ground, the manager came in. The girl told him the issue and he asked me what type of vehicle I drove in Australia. When I told him it's a VW Transporter Camper Van he offered me the choice of 2 vehicles he had on the lot that he was currently arranging to go back to LA. If I took one he would waive the $500 fee.

I chose the smaller of the two but it is a pick up truck so  quite large. It drives like a dream though so I'm very happy with our deal.




I had a 3 hour drive to Fort Bragg where I'm staying the night in a less than desirable Motel 6.

My room smells of bleach and I'm not convinced it's not had a crime scene clean up.

Once I'd booked in I went for a drive to see the sights and that took about ten minutes so I hit the local Denny's. No dinner for me tonight. The best nachos I've ever had with freshly made corn chips followed by a decadent chocolate lava pudding.  Back to the motel for a post meal nap.


Make me fat dessert


Nachos

There's a glass beach here and I tried to get to it but it's part of a State Park and there were no Rangers in the office and the road was blocked so I'll try again in the morning before I leave.


Glass Beach - Stock Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment