Monday 29 October 2018

Crabs and Sashimi and Oysters and more in San Francisco

Monday 29 October 2018

In San Francisco there's a  little seafood shop called Swan Oyster Depot. It's tiny, old and very famous and you need to queue up to get in. Apparently this was Anthony Bourdain's first port of call whenever he got to San Francisco and I can understand why. If you are ever in town you must add this to your itinerary but get there early.


Anthony Bourdain's favourite seafood in SF


Tiny shop - no tables.
Just a stool at the counter.

This place opens at 10:30 am and is so popular you need to line up. Under strict instructions from my daughter, Lee I was there at 9:30 and was first in line. By the time I entered the shop the queue snaked right back to the next block. Only about twenty people can eat at any given time so there were some very patient people out on the foot path.

Lee had already texted me  the "must have's" so I just flashed my phone at the very nice man behind the counter and said "I'll have these, please"





This is what I had.............


Crab, wonderful bread, prawns
and 2 different sauces. These were the
best and 
freshest and
tastiest prawns I've ever had. 

6 different types of oysters x 2
and a very spicy sauce top left.

Look at the size of that oyster
YUGE!!

Sicilian Sashimi. A bucket list
thing - raw fish hmmm.
OK  ... I admit it was tasty.

I toddled out, feeling very full but pleasantly so and walked the 2.5 kms back to the hotel to counteract the bread :)

Lunch will not be needed so I'll repack my bags ready for an early start north tomorrow morning and I'll take a walk later to say goodbye to San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment