Monday 17 October 2016

What a good day....!!

Weather Max 25 Min 15

Last night I took 1/2 a pill  to try to reboot my body clock and it started to work - until him next door turned his TV up VERY loud.  He had it on till 11:30 so it was about midnight when I fell asleep. Next thing I knew it was 9:45 am and the cleaner was knocking on the door and woke me up!!

I have felt really good today so I think I'm finally on West Coast time :)

I needed to find an Apple Store because I've been having some issues getting my photos from my phone to my Macbook. Was skimming through some photos from yesterday at The Grove and I noticed a building with a great big Apple logo on it. Like I really needed another excuse to go back there - it is wonderful. I found the store and the young bloke sorted me out and I was good to go. We'll see how it goes tonight.

I was Facebooking with Sarah L who also loves The Grove and the adjoining Farmers Markets and she recommended lunch at The Banana Leaf and in particular a satay noodle dish with an egg on it. I located the place and gave it a try......it was SO GOOD! I have been carrying a little collapsible bowl in my handbag as I've been making my lunch the main meal of the day and the servings are so big I take the rest home for dinner. Today there was nothing left for dinner!! A young couple and then another person came to my table to ask what it was I ordered because it looked so good and they ordered it too. Thank for the tip  Sarah xx





This was just wonderful!

Weather wise it was an absolutely gorgeous day. Whoever or whatever your greater power is.....thank them for me.......they got it just right  ......warm but not hot.....a light zephyr of a breeze.....and my reset body clock made it PERFECT. I felt exceptionally happy all day. Having said that there are "la nina winds" coming in tonight - I'm not sure what that means but the weather girl seems quite upset about it and it will be 96F tomorrow and 100F Thursday. 

After lunch I headed for the La Brea Tarpits which is one of the worlds most famous fossil localities.
There is this big bubbling pool of tar and they have dug up Ice Age BIG SCARY mammals and BIGGER SCARY mammoths and dire wolfs from 15000 years ago. Lots of fossils - other than me - and really quite fascinating. I highly recommend it too all LA visitors. I was a bit embarrassed when the Tour Guide asked each us in the group where we first learned of the La Brea Tarpits and I said Raj and Howard went there in the Big Bang Theory lol.
Great place to visit


They all seem a bit anorexic

Next to the Tarpits is the LA County Museum Of Art. I saw some great stuff and some weird stuff. Lots of Picasso - I liked him. Too much Matisse - his looked like a kid could do it. I bet he coloured outside of the lines too :( 
I went up the biggest escalator I've ever been on and the view from the top was quite spectacular.  I had a drink and snack on the terrace of the cafe and watched this little squirrel  playing on the grass - so cute.


Little squirrel friend

Snack time!
Just about got a nosebleed going up this escalator
I could see the Hollywood sign from here but
 too hard to see in this shot

I've certainly been taking advantage of my new Aged pensioner status and getting lots of discounts.

Seeing as I was a guts at lunch and ate everything in sight I settled for the Wendy's next door to the motel and had what turned out to be an incredibly tasty BBQ chicken and bacon salad.




I'm worn out but happy after a great day out :)




No comments:

Post a Comment