Thursday 20 October 2016

Anaheim California

Weather Max 32 min 14

Another hot day out so I made myself breakfast in bed and had a slow start watching all the Judge Judy type shows on TV.  Luckily they concurred with all my judgements.

I finally got moving and went to Amtrak to try to book my trips to Monterey and San Francisco and was a bit apprehensive as I had already booked accommodation and hoped like hell there were trains to get me there at the same time my hotels were booked. As it turned out there was nothing to worry about and if all goes to plan this will happen

Sunday 23rd      - Uber to LA Union Station 
                             (the rail line between San Diego 
                              and LA is out)
                           - Train to Salinas
                           - Bus to Monterey

Thursday 27th   - Bus To Salinas
                            - Train to Oaklands
                            - Bus to San Francisco

I'm then in San Francisco till Nov 2 and then hopefully I'll be going north to Crescent City Ca. After that Oregon then Seattle  then I will fly to Little Rock, Arkansas.

When I was finished at Amtrak I went to the Orange Square - this is a huge outlet centre - in fact enormous. The last thing I need is to buy anything new -  my bags are popping at the seams as it is until I give out some of the gifts I've brought with me. I wandered through and saw a cinema and the new Jack Reacher movie was on in an hour so I booked a ticket. I love the Jack Reacher books and have read them all but seeing Tom Cruise play the part is soul destroying....the little worm.
Huge place - wish I could have gone into a shopping frenzy

"Hurley" - Jorge Garcia from Lost



His double was at the movies - maybe he was "lost"



While I was waiting I tried to find an optometrist to fix my glasses which got skewiffed when I hit  my face on the foot path. I didn't really expect to find one amongst outlet stores but a building on the outside of the centre had one and they fixed my specs on the spot at no charge.  See - everything just falling into place. :)

The biggest lesson I've learned is ...if you see a loo...use it......can never find one when i need one lol.

I'm looking forward to leaving Southern California. I've been here a couple times before and LA doesn't float my boat but it is a good start/finish point.  Having said that, I love San Diego and I will be there a bit later in the journey. Once I start off for Monterey though I will feel that my trip has really begun.



The eye bruising has spread and is changing colour .
My sunglasses are no longer big enough to hide it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment