Wednesday 19 October 2016

Dearly Departed

Weather Max 33 Min 17

Another very warm but beautiful day in Los Angeles....too hot to walk for miles so I opted to go on an air conditioned bus tour called Dearly Departed Tours. I did enjoy this and met some really nice people from all over. I Uberred to the pick up point with a lovely man called Joey - hey Joey :)....I hope you found your way to this blog.

Basically the tour consisted of driving all through LA seeing the places where famous people were killed, suicided or just kicked the bucket. Sounds a bit gory but my dark side enjoyed it.

At one spot the tour guide asked if anyone knew the name of the hooker that Hugh Grant got caught with and I said Divine Brown. He went on to say she usually charged $40 but because she recognised Hugh Grant she charged $80.  He and all the people on the bus, totally lost it when I said I would have done it for $50. He's going to use that on future tours lol






The last stop...for some


Marilyn's stone has a pink tinge because so many
people have kissed 
the stone. When it gets
cleaned the lipstick gets absorbed by the
stone.



Cant rotate this - just lie down to read this :)


It had cooled down by the time we got back to base so I started to walk back up Sunset Bvd. It was nearly 4 pm and I hadn't had lunch yet so called into Denny's for late lunch/early dinner


Good coffee



This was bell peppers, potato, mushrooms, cheese, egg and bacon and was yumbo.  By the time the waitress finally returned to my table I had talked myself out of the
ice cream with chocolate sauce and nuts.........damn it!!

Hmmm........will try this next

This is just around the corner from my hotel
and there are clean cut young people hovering

on the corners trying to capture people and 
steer them into the building. No Tom Cruise.

An interesting thing - the Capitol Records Building has a flashing red light on its roof as do many tall buildings. However instead of just a regular blink this building flashes HOLLYWOOD in morse code.



Capitol Records
This building below is the one from the end of Pretty Woman when Richard  Gere was in the limo with his flowers and umbrella and Julia Roberts was hanging out the top window,.

Pretty Woman House



Having trouble charging my Macbook. By the the time I insert the US adapter an the plug it keeps falling out of the wall lol. Desperate measures were needed.


Where there's a will there's a way

I have an AC/DC t shirt and wherever I go people come up and say "Hey...I like your T shirt". I wish I had brought a crate load with me lol.

2 comments:

  1. How funny, I was looking at what I was packing earlier and wondering what could be used to support the travel adapters. Always have that problem lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...its crazy.......ah well we women are inventive souls :)

    ReplyDelete