Wednesday 19 October 2016

SmashFace - Version#1 is Derek and Version#2 is me

Weather Max 37 Min 16


For those who don't know, this is my grand dog Derek P Newton. I miss him so much. Please check him out on Instagram - he has over 1000 followers. 
Love you puppy head xxxxxxxxx


Well in typical Lesley style I finished my blog last night and decided to pop down to the corner convenience store for breakfast supplies. On the return journey I was either hit by lightning or shot with a cruise missile or maybe just tripped on the foot path.......it was hard to tell. All I know is that that footpath was approaching my head at warp speed and the only thing I could stop it with was my face. Knocked me quite senseless........instant black eye....scratched glasses.....bruised hand and grazed knee followed immediately by terminal embarrassment. 
Its actually worse than this at the moment.
What a bloody wacker!

I've left LA now and am sitting in a King Size bed in an Anaheim Hotel enjoying a rest day. After my misadventure last night I stayed awake all night just in case I had concussion so, after finally getting over my jet lag and restoring a normal sleep pattern I've managed to stuff it up again. Ah Well. I'm not doing Disneyland etc while I'm here as I have done so a few times now and I would rather spend the money on things unseen as I travel around.

My main purpose for being in Anaheim is to meet up with Jo and her family. We have been internet friends for quite a few years now and we will finally meet in person. They live in Stafford UK and are going to be here on holiday. Very much looking forward to it. At least I won't need to have a rose in my teeth so they recognise me.......my shiner will take care of that!!

Today I booked 4 days in Monterey. On my 2011 odyssey I listed Monterey as my favourite USA town so I am looking forward to spending a bit more time there and to see whether  this still applies. I don't really know how I'm going to get there yet but I will explore my options tomorrow. From Monterey I will be heading to San Francisco. I'll then work my way north till I get to Seattle Washington and then fly to Little Rock Arkansas for some long awaited Kae & Ang time. Get that fire pit ready guys xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment