Friday 26 October 2018

More on Monterey Part 2

26 October 2018


There must be something magic in the water around the Monterey/Carmel area. I said yesterday that Betty White (96) and Doris Day (96) and Clint Eastwood (88) all live around here and today I went into a laundromat and met this lady. She's 101 and told me her favourite country is New Zealand.  The manager was helping her to operate the rather complicated machines they have and she was telling the manager she worked in radio when it first started.  


101 years old!!

Then ......then......wait for it.......she hopped in to her car and drove away! Holy shit! What an amazing woman....so many would have resigned themselves to old age care long before this.


My new hero


After the laundromat I called in to a Vietnamese restaurant just down the road from my motel. I've been smelling lovely odours emanating from there for days. Cannot resist any longer. Spring rolls and Beef Pho. Tasted as good as it looks and no I didn't eat it all.






I've now had a nap and am packing my bags ready for an early get away to drive to San Francisco and my favourite bridge. Yeah you are.....you know you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment