Monday 22 October 2018

Chilly day in Monterey Brrrr

22 October 2018

WOW!! Didn't wake up till after 9 am. The last few days my sleep has been all over the place so I hope this has reset my clock.

It was another chilly day and the forecast is for more cold weather.  I did check the long range forecasts before I left and chilly wasn't on the horizon so I didn't really pack any warm clothing.




I ventured out in THE CAR and with the aid of my phone GPS found my way safely to the Super Walmart. I picked up socks, leggings, a jumper and a jacket. You watch the sun come out now lol.

I made my way in THE CAR to Canning Row and walked up and back, window shopping and beach watching. The last time I was here there were big crowds but it was very quiet today. Maybe the cooler weather keeping people away.  As I have said before, Monterey is my favourite place and Canning Row has such a great feel about it. Loving being here.




  




I stopped at Louie Linguini's for lunch and it was just wonderful. I had crumbed shrimp and calamari and snapper with chips and coleslaw. Might need to go back there again before I leave.









After lunch I went for a bit of a drive around and then returned to the motel - nap time. All this driving on the wrong side of the road is wearying. Concentrating so hard my eyes nearly popped. I don't even turn the radio on as it may distract me lol. I don't want to get over confident but I am feeling a bit more settled with the driving. Monterey isn't exactly huge and the traffic isn't really overwhelming. A good place to get some practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment