Wednesday 24 October 2018

Fisherman's Wharf Monterey California

23 October 2018

I awoke with a stomach ache and erred on the side of caution and decided not to venture out till lunchtime.

It's another beautiful coolish day out but sunny and perfect for a walk. My foot is responding nicely to the icing and only wearing my joggers so I thought I'd put it to the test and walk to Fisherman's  Wharf.



I passed this store on the way. Made me laugh. Now all you Harry Potter tragics know where to take your dirty owl to get cleaned.




I walked to Fisherman's Wharf - a place I love - and wandered around the shops and restaurants. I checked out the cafe/restaurant used for filming Big Little Lies. Unfortunately the stomach ache hasn't resolved itself so I won't eat there today. Don't want to eat ever again :(



I saw the sign below outside a restaurant and was a little but amazed...and a little bit impressed....and a little bit amused that there wasn't a sole in there (unless they had one in the fridge ready for cooking lol). It's a brave stance in this day and age - or a silly one.

















I started to feel unwell again and called an Uber to take me back to the motel. He got stuck in roadworks and couldn't find me so I gave up and walked back..... rather quickly.

As I was walking again I heard sirens and there was a fire engine and a cop car and an ambulance in a big hurry. I was a bit dismayed when I finally got to my motel and found them all parked outside!! I only had 2 questions - what had happened? And why didn't they stop and give me a lift?

Whatever had happened was clearly over and only the fire engine and the cop car were still there.  I missed all the excitement yet again!!



I took it very easy for the rest of the afternoon as still feeling queasy. Wonder what I ate?  I ventured across the road to the Del Monte shopping Centre and purchased a variety of medications that hopefully will make me 100% again. I'll settle for 90%.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Loving your pictures and tales xx

    ReplyDelete