Friday 18 November 2016

Quiet day in Seattle

Seattle, Washington

Weather Max 12 Min 7

Just a quiet day in Seattle. I mainly spent the morning walking around enjoying the sights and chatting with people.  It was pretty chilly out there so  a few Starbucks stops were required.

I found Safeway's (eventually) which was - very surprisingly - just around the corner. I have a unique gift of making places that are  close, a long, long, long way away.  I know I have Google Maps on my phone but I seem to follow the wrong arrow. I need some lessons. I like that Safeway's has hot soup ready to go in cold weather so I had some chunky chicken noodle soup for lunch.


Very nice - very warming - I love soup weather

This afternoon I had to yet again repack all my gear because tomorrow I'm flying to Omaha Nebraska and the baggage rules are different for the plane than the train. A bit of redistribution was required. The train is great - 2 cases for the hold and 2 carry on. With the plane I had to pay $60 for my 2 bags of checked in luggage and I can only have 1 carry on. 
Hence the redistribution.

Anyway, I think it is ok but will get to the airport extra early in case I have to make any changes.

Left over Indian food for dinner - tastes better tonight than last night.

I'm very much looking forward to see my  dear friends Karen and Robby tomorrow night. xxx








2 comments:

  1. On carting stuff around, why do you have with you a MacBook and an iPad and a Kindle and an iPhone 7 Plus??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MacBook for blog. The iPad I should not have brought with me. The phone to speak with my USA friends - got a USA sim. The kindle because my eyesight isn't good enough to read for any length of time on phone. Not always convenient to get mCbook out when on buses.

      Delete