Thursday 17 November 2016

Awake in Seattle

Seattle Washington

Weather Max 11 Min 4 - Cold few days ahead. I might add that the weatherman keeps going on about how warm it is for this time of year. The chill factor this morning was CHILLING!!



I packed all my stuff early because I was changing hotels. I had to be out of the first by 11 am and into the second after 2 pm so I stored my bags in Hostel #1 and went out to see Seattle.  

Everything was within easy walking distance and I started by having a ride on the Monorail. It was only a $1 in granny money but it only goes from point A to point B and back again so while it was fun to do, it failed on the excitement scale.  I then went up the Space Needle and it has spectacular views but when you are on the ledge it seems to slope outwards and downwards. I felt a little bit  nauseous and like I was going to slip off the edge.






A friend, Sarina Polmar, told me about the Gum Wall in Post Alley near The Pike Place Markets so I checked it out. I suppose it's a bit gross but it was very colourful - looked like Jackson Pollock's painting Blue Poles. People  chew gum of various colours and then stick it to the walls of this alley.


Add caption






I wandered around the markets for a while and they are the best. At the fish markets the fishmongers suddenly yell out and a giant fish gets thrown from one to the other. Something a bit different and proves that fish CAN fly.




Am I not pretty enough?


I hadnt had breakfast and it was getting on for 1 pm so I went to a place called Ludi's and had breakfast / lunch. It was like and old time Diner. The food was good - the coffee was good and the music from the juke box was terrific. There was a bunch of guys sitting at the bar and  I'm being politically correct by saying they looked like they just "survived" the sixties and the music reflected this. Great place. 


Naughty but nice

I wandered around some more and then returned to pick up my stored baggage and go to the second hotel. It's a very nice little place but I'm going to have to start economising with my accommodation or I'll be one of those homeless people. :(

You know how the eyes in some paintings follow you around the room? Well the Space Needle seems to be doing that to me. Every time I look out a window - any window - there it is! I have another splendid view of it.

By the time I moved in I had already walked 8 kms carrying a heavy back pack with my computer and iPad and my travel docs etc (I didn't fancy risking them in the store room) so I thought I'd have a restful rest of afternoon.

Here are some photos taken during my meanderings that caught my eye.







Noosa - could it be?













Very Cute


Random - I have seen some things that made my eyes pop. Two guys openly lighting and smoking crack pipes on the street. A lady getting up off her knees in an alley - she must have dropped something - and the man in front of her was being a gentleman and was probably just helping her up. WINK! WINK!  Ah I've lived a sheltered life ;)

News from home - Derek has finally got his cone removed after he was desexed and as you can see he is delirious with joy.  No Really! That his happy face. :)  

Little smiling beautiful face xxxx
I miss you baby boy xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment