Sunday 20 November 2016

Time Travel and catch up time

19 November 2016

Seattle Washington

Weather - Bloody cold

I awoke early and it was still dark and a peek out the window saw the Space Needle dressed up in its night gear.

So pretty

I flew out of Seattle at 1 pm with Delta Airlines and all went well re baggage requirements. I am so glad I went extra early to the airport because it was mega busy and going through security was a major event. Even got x rayed to make sure I didn't have any hidden weapons. :)

The flight was about 3 hours long and we landed at Salt Lake City, Utah. I could see snow dusted mountains from the terminal. Pretty.  


Just a smidge of snow
Snow on the mountain tops

I had a connecting flight to Omaha, Nebraska leaving 50 mins after we landed and I was a bit  nervous in case it was a long way away (like the Sydney incident).  I raced up to a Delta desk and asked where I needed to go and she pointed to the gate right next to the one we landed at. DOH!  

Another couple of hours and I landed in Omaha, Nebraska at approximately 8.15 (Central Time) to -1 celsius.  Brrrr!

I was very happy when Robby and Karen arrived to pick me up. Robby had his Aussie t-shirt and hat on to celebrate.


Robby in Oz persona


Robbo & Kazza!!

We drove home and  talked for hours and it was a bit weird because it was 2 am their time but only midnight mine - I had crossed 2 time zones and once again my body was  a tad confused about just what time it was.


Robby looking special in his Airlie Beach hat


20 November 2016

Omaha, Nebraska

Weather Max 8 Min -3

I awoke about 5 am - or was it 6 am - freezing. The temperature was -4 Celsius and the heater had stopped working. I got up and put on some more clothes and went back to bed. I finally got up about 9 I think - still  confused.  Doesn't take much :)




Bitty the cat is definitely a football fan

....also a "boxing" fan...?

Karen cooked bacon and eggs which hit the spot and then we went out to gather supplies for Thanksgiving which is on Thursday. I'm very much looking forward  to that ........ although I guess the turkey isn't.



My very first string cheese

Burritos for dinner and too many cherry chocolates. Karen is a bad influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment