Wednesday 16 November 2016

Ermagerd! Another State of Origin-er

Portland Oregon

Weather  Max 11 Min 5

I went down to the dining area for the free breakfast - quite good but the dining room looked like it had been invaded by a ZZ Top convention  - I felt quite naked without a great big beard.




I was leaving on the 12 noon train to Seattle (sounds like a song) so I packed up my gear which seems to be getting heavier each day.  When I got to Union Station I went up to get my reserved ticket and the guy said "Queensland State of Origin" and I'm thinking WTF is going on - two in two days. Yes,  he recognised the scarf and it seems he's been to Australia about 7 times - mostly FNQ. Just crazy.


The trip was great - I do love the trains. A bit of a nap and some sight seeing as I travelled and the 3 hour trip became 4 hours but thats ok. We stopped once because another train was on our line and we had to back up and change lines. Is that disturbing?

Below are some of the sights I saw - it really is a beautiful part of the world.








Go the Seahawks!!!

I've moved into the hostel that I booked previously but not happy as there is only one small locker each in a share room and with my computers etc there is no real security  The locker was old and I wasn't happy at all putting my gear in it.  I changed my booking to a private room just for tonight and I've
made other arrangements for the next 2 nights. I've actually booked a proper hotel for the same inflated price as the not so nice hostel. Once again more than I wanted to pay but these things happen.

The good news is that I have been feeling better today so hopefully I'm getting my "get up and go" back.  I can see the Space Needle from where I sit and I'm looking forward to a day reacquainting myself with Seattle. I love it here - it is a gorgeous place with lots to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment