Friday 20 January 2012

A Trip to Redruth

20 January 2012 - The TV signal in the hotel has gone kaput and they can't get anyone to fix it till tomorrow so the landlady managed to find out the password to the hotel next doors wi-fi and so I am on the air lol.

My cough seems to be slowly improving although i'm still dog tired. I had to force myself into the car today and I drove to Redruth ...if I didn't go today then that would have been it. It was a 2  1/2 drive - probably a shorter way but I got lost several times. The scenery was outstanding and everything so green. By the time I got there I was absolutely beat but I got out and walked down the main street and up it again and looked in at the Redruth Cornish Society and bought a book.  Redruth is not the prettiest town I've seen but I did like what I saw. I took a picture of two policeman in the main street who then came over and queried why I was taking photos of them. Do I look like a terrorist?  Maybe I do. I explained and all was well and we  had a bot of a natter and all was well.
The Pub over the road where I eaf

View from my room - see the Pub?

I pretty much got back in the car and started the drive home. I got lost but then I was found :)   Then there was a huge traffic jam due to a crash and I was just creeping along.  I'd allowed myself plenty of time to get home in daylight  because I can't drive in the dark without my glasses (everything is blurry and I can't read signs) and unfortunately my glasses are broken. It seemed like it was instantly pitch black at 5.30 and there was so much traffic and I couldn't even find Torquay  never mind the hotel. In the end I just kept following the car in front of me as there was nowhere to stop and look at a map but it didn't matter anyway because I couldn't see the street signs anyway. I could feel the anxiety building and I was perilously close to tears because that was the best plan I could come up with. We stopped at some traffic lights and I glanced at this building on the side of the road and you will never guess...It was my flaming hotel. Don't know how, what,or wherefore but tonight I had a guiding light. I didn't even think I was in Torquay lol

Bed time...so tired....good night zzzzzzz
Torquay

Torquay

Torquay
Redruth

Redruth

Redruth

No comments:

Post a Comment