Monday 26 December 2011

On the move....albeit slowly :(

25 December 2011 - We "did" Christmas on Christmas Eve and I was so full of food my stomach ached.....and I think it kept expanding for several hours  after :) .......tried undoing my belt...then  my zip....then resorted to trackie daks....ah joy!!!  Thank you to the no#1 Chef - Angie - you are a superb cook - and thank you Kae and Ang for having me in your home for Christmas....we'll overlook the lack of snow for the time being.

Turkey, chicken, mashed potato, creamed corn like you never tasted before, sweet potato pie, green beans with a pecan topping, macaroni cheese, rolls, magic pie, and stuff I cant even remember and I tried them all ....twice!!!!  Oh and pumpkin pie and cranberry cake. Groan :)

Early afternoon on the 25th Kae and Angie drove me in to Little Rock as I was to fly to New York on the morning of the 26th. I stayed the night at the Little Rock Hampton Inn - what a great hotel!!  The trouble started the next morning when my taxi didn't show up - the desk clerk forgot to order it. No problem ...soon got another and booked my baggage in at the airport at 10 am only to find they overbooked the flight and I probably wouldn't get on. Was pretty pissed at that as I'd booked on line but because I didn't select a seat I wasn't confirmed. Ah well you live and you learn. They were offering $500 vouchers and a later flight to anyone who wanted to  change their flight and a couple of people did that and freed up some seats. However......I still couldn't get on and was worried about my connecting flight - was supposed to fly Little Rock to Charlotte then Charlotte to New York. AND I have hotel bookings in NY  :(  I even offered to upgrade to First Class (an extra $100) but the dopey airline lady forgot and the plane went without me grrrrrrrr.   They gave me a free flight voucher and have booked me on another flight with Delta Airlines - doesn't leave till 5 pm -  stopover in Atlanta - so I wont get to NY till after 11 pm. Not happy but what can I do? It's now 12.10 pm on Boxing Day and I am sitting in Starbucks at the Airport catching up with "stuff" on the puter and drinking coffee. It's raining outside so I can't really go anywhere so I'll just sit here and sulk for a while lol

Never mind - have my computer and my kindle so the time will fly - a lot faster than me it seems hehehe


Bugs # 1484

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! Why didn't you call me? Thought you were happily ever after on your ways to New York...tears streaming down my face. This has been nothing but bull pucky! (((huggers)) time to get the 'ell out of the states sis!

    ReplyDelete