Tuesday 27 December 2011

New York!! New York!!

27 December 2011 - Finally got on a plane at Little Rock at 5 pm yesterday. Was very small and pretty old so I was not convinced I would see the night out lol but arrived at Atlanta safely despite the pouring rain. Atlanta Airport is mind blowing - never seen anything that big before. When we got off the plane we got a bus to the terminal then walked for what seemed like miles (and probably was) through the terminal and then got a fast train that was INSIDE the terminal out to the concourse for the flight to New York - this took 35 minutes and didn't leave much time to get to the connecting plane. The plane to New York was much larger but made some disconcerting noises as it took off so as I was sitting next to the wing I kept and eye on it all the way to make sure it didn't fall off  hehehe.   I guess you could say I'm not keen on flying...it's unnatural.  When I got to New Yorl and retrieved my bag I noticed the zips weren't as I left them and there was a notice inside saying the bag had been searched (I have those padlocks that Security can also open). I don't mind them looking just wish they put things back as they found it.
I kept my eye on this engine lol


Arrived in New York at 10.30 pm and got the sky train into Penn Station and caught a cab to the hotel in Brooklyn. It seems I'm not staying in the safest area in the city but it's hard to find a place that does get a safety thumbs up so I will just take care. The taxi driver offered to turn off the meter and take me to the hotel for $40 cash....I declined and said to use the meter....cost $25. I'm learning!

Hotel is pretty good......king size bed.......big TV...what more do I need?

Bugs#1484

Ang

Kae

Ang's Ribs - I love da ribs :)
Sitting around the fire pit in Arkansas

No comments:

Post a Comment