Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year is approaching

30 December 2011 - quiet day - found a laundromat - huuuuuuge and just explored the neighbourhood. I have to admit I get very nervous when I pass someone just hanging out on the street. The news broadcasts are proving that maybe I chose the wrong area to stay. I need to overcome my fears - at least 12 times I have talked myself out of going to Times Square for NYE but I know if I don't go I'll be a bloody idiot because I'll never get the chance again. Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber will be singing....lol.....another reason to stay away. hehehehe

31 December 2011 - OK - decided I definitely will go tonight. Points to ponder....

  •  News broadcasts keep saying there is no "specific" terrorist threat.  (a) do I need to know this? (b) is there a "non specific" terrorist threat.
  •  Also they say there will be a million people there...I always wanted to be one in a million and now's my chance :)
  • They are saying there will be no toilets available...a million people and no toilets WTF?
  • No cars and no back packs allowed - fair enough.
  • They keep showing on TV how NOT to get pick pocketed...Doh!...too little too late
  • Will need to use the subway.....hmmm.......not looking forward to that after midnight. Chances of getting a cab will be slim
  • This is the third December on record  in NY that there has been no snow (others were 1877 and 2006). Snow has continued to elude me no matter where I go (a few random flakes in Aspen DO NOT constitute a snow storm *!*
Oh well...will try and catch a few zzzzzz's this afternoon so that I can stay awake during the festivities...despite any trepidation I feel I AM looking forward to crossing another thing off my bucket list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment