Wednesday 28 December 2011

A chilly day in New York

28 December 2011 - had a nice sleep in and got a few more outstanding jobs done. The sky cleared about lunch time so I thought I might go to the local hairdresser and get a long overdue haircut.....look like a Yeti on steroids.
Before my haircut :)

 As soon as I stepped out I wished I rugged up some more....bloody freezing and the wind cut right through me.    3 degrees C at the moment...with the wind chill factored in they say it will be minus 12 C tomorrow...I wonder of that's the max or min. hmmm.

Anyway...back to the haircut...always nervous going to a new hairdresser and this shop looked fairly basic. The lady inside didn't speak much English so I mimed what I wanted lol. When I sat down she got out the biggest pair of scissors I ever saw in a hairdressing salon. She started snipping at a 100 mph...a bit of the old Edward Scissorhands style......and I was too terrified to move as I might lose an ear...or a nose. WTF!!    Well....when she finished I took a look in the mirror expecting to see a bowling ball looking back at me and I was amazed....she had done exactly what i wanted...perfectly!!!!  And....it cost a whole $18.00!!!

The NBC news was full of doom and gloom with warnings about muggers and crooks and threats regarding Times Square on New Years Eve and a dude in Brooklyn (where I am) who's attacking women at night as they come out of the subway. I have to say..I am so sick and tired of being on my guard every minute and scared someone is going to steal my stuff or worse.  I think the two thefts so far have left me a bit emotionally scarred. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment