Friday 12 October 2018

What's up Doc? It's rabbit season!!

12 October 2018

Well today is my Birthday (as it was yesterday in Australia) so I'll enjoy the two days of Birthday wishes but I refuse to add two years to my already considerable age.

Today was also Warner Bros Studio Tour day and on the way there I met my favourite Uber driver so far - hello Cooperman!!  I hope you get to live your dreams.  

Once again I went for the Deluxe tour but it wasn't as expensive as the Universal Studios one. I'll also say at this point that the Universal Tour was, in my opinion, far superior and more enjoyable than  Warners Bros. Having said that, I still had a great day.




We started off with coffee and pastries as big as your head!! Way too big but I soldiered on. Half the tour was spent in a small tram like contraption and the rest walking. The tour itself lasted 5 hours so we covered quite some distance in that time. We saw the props department and the wardrobe department and the sets that many famous movies were filmed on. It's amazing how many times they reuse the sets. This may spoil future movies for me because I'll be trying to spot the reused props and sets.

They were currently rehearsing The Big Bang Theory but we weren't allowed in and there were several other shows in action (Mom and Ellen) so it was a bit sad we just got to drive past the buildings. At the end of the day we did get to see the Big Bang Set (my favourite sitcom) so that was good.

Ellen's carpark - as close as we got lol

The assortment of  Batmobiles was great and they are all working vehicles.














The tour guide took us through to our "fine dining" lunch and it certainly was exactly that.  I started with the clam chowder but I forgot to take the photo till I was half way through lol


50% of my clam chowder

Steak and salad - was glorious - loved the blue
cheese in the salad and the steak was done to perfection

The tour guide, Thom, told the waiters that it was my birthday and I got a surprise dessert. It was wonderful - all the waiters came to wish me Happy Birthday and they bought out the chef who decorated the plate. They all gave me  hugs and I felt very special.


My special Birthday treat

Another favourite show - Friends. The main set's no longer there but Central Perk is a working cafe.







One of my favourite episodes.

All in all I had a good day and a great birthday. This is my last day in Los Angeles for the time being and it certainly has been a busy week.

 Wow!!!  Just heard a huge thunder boom and its belting down with rain. Never saw that coming - the weather has been perfect up until now. Good job I'm leaving town lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment