Tuesday 9 October 2018

Walmart!! Yay!!!

9 October 2018

I lurv Walmart and decided to make today Walmart Day. I got up early and was about to leave but on calling for an Uber I found that, at that time of the day it would have cost Uber dollars to get to the Super Walmart!! Peak time I guess. 

Change of plans. I started walking with a yearning for bacon and eggs, suitably dressed in long pants because the doofus on the TV weather said it was cold. The fact is it was coolish when I left but as I walked it got warmer and more humid and I didn't want to play anymore.

It soon became obvious that bacon and eggs just weren't going to happen. Seems I was in the middle of Little Korea and whilst I love Korean food for dinner I just couldn't handle anything noodley for breakfast. So ......  I walked  and I walked and I walked. Little Korea should be called Very Large Korea.

Some of the shop signs were quite funny.


Beer Belly - Drink - Park.
Can't get more concise than that

Pho ever Yum



I was about to try this place but I saw this sign as a SIGN!


Find the grammatical error

After three kilometres I spotted a KFC but no, didn't open for another hour. I continued on, getting hotter and hungrier and hangrier as I went.

Suddenly I saw that sign ahead that epitomises LA.




Nope..... Not the Hollywood sign. I'm talking about  McDonalds golden arches. I settled for a sausage and egg McMuffin and a hash brown. I don't know whether it was just the 4.5 km walk or  because I was hot and hungry but it tasted so much better than the Aussie version.

I finally got an Uber and arrived at the biggest Walmart ever.  



Super Walmart

More walking and shopping and suddenly all my energy went Poof! and I needed a nap.  I made it to a Starbucks and tried to revive myself with a coffee but I was over it. I walked well over 10 kms today and 19 kms  yesterday so a coffee wasn't going to do it.



Me at Starbucks

Another Uber and back to the hotel by mid afternoon and a very satisfactory nap. The rest of the afternoon was spent doing my laundry and watching Netflix. A Good Place is a very funny show if you haven't seen it. I actually saw the set yesterday at Universal Studios.


No - I won't eat one - no matter how hangry I get!

4 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog. It sounds like you're having fun already. Keep blogging and don't over do it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love American supermarkets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Love reading your adventures. I love the good place. It’s a great show. And my favourite all time washing detergent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarina. I hope you don’t eat them though lol

    ReplyDelete