Wednesday 10 October 2018

Paramount Studios

Wednesday 10 October 2018

An early start today to get to Paramount Studios at 7:45 am for a double taping of the Dr Phil show. I've actually been before so "This wasn't my first rodeo" lol.

The most annoying part of this is the sitting around and waiting and to make it worse they take your phone off you so you have nothing to play with and you actually have to talk to people to pass the time Sheeeesh! A mother and daughter from Texas, in their own words, decided to stalk me. They liked my accent and cracked up every time I said something, even when I wasn't trying to be funny.
I pointed out that they sounded odd too but they wouldn't have it.

The first show was dead boring about some silly woman with 15 cats and this was threatening her marriage. By the time they were finished I wanted to euthanise all her cats plus her and her husband and I was seriously considering offing Dr Phil for having such a boring guest. My stalkers lives were on the line too.

The second show was more interesting. A woman has cancer and its terminal and she's got this jerk of a son who not only swears at her but beat her up and broke a rib. King Jerk.

It was absolutely freezing in there. Dr Phil says its so his head doesn't sweat and get shiny. Oh Yeah.

The best part was they did segment on some skin care products and we all got freebies. By the time I get back I will have no wrinkles. This will be for one of two reasons.


My Freebies

#1 - The wrinkle cream actually works or

#2 - I'll be so fat from all the food I'm eating there won't be room for a wrinkle.


I Uber'd to The Grove again after Dr Phil and made a beeline to the Cheesecake Factory. Because of the early start I hadn't eaten all day and by 2 pm I could have eaten the back leg off a feral donkey. Instead I settled for the pork chop - so good.








I did not eat any of these - I swear!!


This was heaven on a
stick - I was sooo hungry

I wandered around the Grove for a while, briefly considering going to a movie but there was nothing I fancied so I returned to my hotel for a catch up nap.

I took a walk to the 7/11 for supplies and got back before dark. It's a bit spooky out at night.

This is the hotel I'm staying at this week.






 Its quite good and I could possible jump from my second story room straight into the pool. Or maybe not.

Ok ..... time for bed and Netflix. Another busy day tomorrow.  



1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog Les. That's a good freebie you've got there - that's pretty expensive stuff here in the UK, there's probably around £100 worth of skincare there so it should work wonders for that much 😂 Loved The Grove and the Farmers Market, is that near to where you're staying?

    ReplyDelete