Thursday 11 October 2018

Another sunny LA Day

11 October 2018

I actually had a great sleep - 10 hours.  I must have needed it and I feel all the better for it. It did mean a later start for my day but all good.

I Uber'd to the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust. Not a normal holiday destination but it was very interesting and extremely distressing. There were actual objects and personal belongings salvaged from the death camps and "striped pyjamas" and photos and newspaper articles.   The sheer magnitude of the Holocaust is beyond my limited imagination but what I saw today must never happen again.






An Aussie mention



After the museum I again Uber'd, this time to Griffiths Observatory. The views from up there were absolutely amazing. My photos won't do them justice but I'll post them anyway. I also saw the show in the Planetarium and that was mind blowing. Next time you leave the tap running contemplate the 4 billion years it took for the water to get into your tap lol.
















I returned yet again to The Grove mid afternoon  - I missed breakfast and it was going to be a late lunch and I was very hangry so I tried the fish and chips at the Cheesecake Factory.  Excellent.  

Ask my daughter, Lee.
She is a witness to the truth of this

It has occurred to me that the only thing I haven't eaten at The Cheesecake Factory is cheesecake. Next time I may start with the desserts menu.


Fish and Chips

I've noticed that my i Phone battery is draining a lot quicker over here and I was mulling over all sorts of conspiracy theories. One was that the Apple Shop is opposite the Cheesecake Factory and they suck the battery life out so you cross the road and buy a new phone. 



 I know! I know! Finally I looked at my battery life screen in settings and guess what uses the most power?



It was fully charged when I went out this morning and was on 17% when I got home late afternoon. 29% of battery usage was Uber.  Who would have thought? 

Well I won't need any dinner tonight so will shower and jammy and Netflix the night away. I've got another big day tomorrow.

Thank you for all the Birthday Greetings. It's still only my Birthday Eve here in the USA so I'm getting double value.

1 comment:

  1. The views are incredible there, we stayed until sunset and it was absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete