Friday 25 November 2016

Ribs....hmmm....Huskers.....meh!

Omaha, Nebraska

Weather Max 12 Min 1

As would be expected I started the day with a turkey sandwich...delicious and there's enough leftovers for many more sangers. 

For some reason I felt really tired today and slept for 2 hours in the morning and then another 3 in the afternoon. I'm thinking it might relate to the anti histamine tablets I've been taking to combat my cat allergy. We have three feline house mates  stealthily watching my every move.

The day was sunny and crisp and cool and a nice change from the very overcast rainy days we've been having. I went for a walk to the convenience store and  really enjoyed seeing the sun again.

Hey, sunshine, I missed you!




Robby is the King of Ribs and worked his magic with the smoker and produced this yummy result. They tasted amazing and once again I overindulged. I'm going to be paying excess baggage on my return trip :(





After the ribs we were set to watch the Huskers play but unfortunately my afternoon nap got in the way and they wouldn't wait till I woke up. It seems sleeping was the wise thing to do as the Huskers were cleaned up by the Iowa Hawkeyes.


I finally reappeared and another turkey sandwich and the last of the pumpkin pie finished me for today  and I'm about to retire again.


No comments:

Post a Comment