Thursday 24 November 2016

Thanksgiving

24 November 2016

Omaha, Nebraska

Weather Max 4 Min -1

A quiet few days - cold and wet and rainy and "good stay at home and keep warm and be happy to not have to go work"  days.

The shops are all full of Thanksgiving goodies and I liked the name on this one.




Thanksgiving was a joint effort with me and Karen and Robby having all hands on deck. I was turkey cooker. The turkey was selected on the basis of it slamming my finger against another turkey while it was hanging with it's gang of frozen mates in the supermarket freezer - I hold a grudge so I baked that puppy!!

While the turkey was cooking we watched the Macy's 90 th Parade



Below are the various stages in the life of a turkey on Thanksgiving Day 2016

BEFORE.........

...........AFTER......

.....EVEN MORE AFTER!


Lunch was great and we...not surprisingly....ate way too much...!




Me and Karen and Robby

Lunch was followed by Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream and chocolate brownies....and.....a nap. I tried hard not to but found it necessary.

It was a great day and it'll take till Easter to work off even half the calories. No dinner required!

No comments:

Post a Comment