Thursday 21 May 2015

Day 3 on Hawaii - Thursday - Crazy mixed up day

Thursday 21/5/15.  Woke up with back feeling better again but knowing it will deteriorate as the day progresses I finally made a Chiropractor appointment for 3.30. The timing meant I couldn't do anything major or I wouldn't get back in time so I hit the streets of Waikiki again. Today's restaurant of choice was The Cheese Factory and a wise decision that was. The menu is like a novel. I settled on Buffalo Wings (entree size which in Oz would have been main course size) and asked the waitress (no...not Penny) to bring me her favourite cheesecake. This turned out to be Mango Key Lime with Coconut Cream.....it was chockerblock full of yumiosity,
Cheesecake Factory


Buffalo wings before.............

............and after. If you think this is a mess you should have seen my face

Mango Key Lime Coconut Cream cheesecake......got fat just typing that!
Started walking again trying to track down the place I saw from the bus yesterday where they serve you drinks in a whole Pineapple...eventually found it after a long, hot walk but it was worth it.

Pineapple drink shop....for want of a better name

Now that is a drink!!

 After leaving the pineapple shop I saw this dude in the street........hmmmmmmmmm!



It was getting late by then so I headed off at a rate of knots so I could get back for a shower before "chiropractoring" and managed to trip over a raised paver.....result.......grazed arms and twisted back and bruised ego and even more reason to go to the Chiro.....I would have been seriously pissed off if it happened after I had just been. The Chiro guy was wonderful and had this magic couch that you lie down on for 15 minutes first and it massages your whole body. I want one!! As soon as he touched my back things started cracking and creaking but I started to feel a bit nauseous. I blamed it on my food intake for the day but when i got back to the hotel I was seriously sick and slept for 2 1/2 hours. Dr Google tells me this sometimes happens after going to a Chiro so....sorry for blaming you, Cheesecake Factory.

I walked another 12.5 kms today according to my Vivofit and as a result am three inches shorter and because of my food intake am three inches wider!!

No comments:

Post a Comment