Thursday 21 May 2015

Aloha!!!!

Tuesday 19 May 2015 - well its been a long time between blogs but I haven't really been anywhere noteworthy.....till now!! Flew Jetstar out of Brisbane about 6 pm and besides a few noises that I thought I should alert the Captain to (but didn't) we had an uneventful trip to Honolulu. Really - this plane had the loudest "flap moving" and "wheels dropping" noises I ever heard. This blog attests to my survival but I maintain it was touch and go.

We arrived at 7am-ish  Hawaii time which was 3 am my time - weird because it was a bright sunny day. Now this was the SECOND Tuesday in a row because of the International Date line. More on this later fellow Paysmart employees and employers...but I digress.  The question was shall I sleep or try to stay awake till Hawaiin bed time. I tried I...I really did...but after 36 hours of being awake I lay down....just for 5 min....and woke 2 hours later. Now prior to this 2 hour nap I walked 12.5 kms, sat and paddled on Waikiki Beach and observed (read perved) on all the beach goers, went to the Zoo (and yes ...they let me out).....took a trip on the Pink Line Bus (I love that bus - best value for $2) and compared US McDonalds to Aussie McDonalds. The US one won because I got a bowl of pineapple with it.
The day was warm and balmy about 28 C - with a slight breeze - perfection

Waikiki Beach - to the right

Waikiki Beach to the left

Going to do this

There were some issues with my accommodation as it seems I wasn't booked in but - after spelling my name 366 times it was decided the error was at my end and they got me in anyway. Too much stress for a tired me...sigh. When I finally hit the sack I was comatose for the next 12 hours. Best sleep I have had in a long long time.

This guy looked a lot better coming towards you than going away from you

Some of the enclosures were a bit small and a bit sad but the big dudes like the elephants and rhinos had all the space they needed 

Crazy Ant hills 

Lion in wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment