Monday 5 November 2018

Oregon - Crater Lake and Pie.

Saturday 3 November 2018


Thomas is a friend who lives in Phoenix Oregon and we "met" a few years back through a chance meeting between his nephew and my daughter in Korea. Or something like that lol. Anyway we've been Facebook friends since then as it turned out he had spent a few years teaching in my home town of Adelaide,  South Australia way back in the seventies.  We never met then but we caught up when I was here two years ago. Today he came to take me out for the day to see some beautiful sights. If you ever come to the USA and you don't visit Oregon then you need a smack.


Me & Thomas at Crater Lake


We went to Willow Lake, Fish Lake, Lake of the Woods, Klamath Lake and the magnificent Crater Lake.















Crater Lake is just beautiful and YUGE!!



It was very cold and I was sad no snow came down - this is the best we could do. I was also disappointed we didn't spot a Sasquatch but Thomas wasn't surprised at all lol




We stopped at Beckie's Restaurant for coffee and p-i-e and it was quite delicious.

Beckie's Restaurant


Blueberry Pie



Thomas across the road from
the the restaurant. 
Beautiful 
pristine creek.



Thank you Thomas for a truly enjoyable day :) I'll return the favour when you come to Australia.

1 comment:

  1. You captured our day in words and photos just perfectly. For me, an added delight was driving on some roads I had never been on before (I think that’s when you asked if we were lost) 🤔

    ReplyDelete