Monday 5 November 2018

Lake Tahoe, Nevada...or California - depending on what side of the road you're on :)

Monday 5 November 2018

Some comments from Mark Twain about Lake Tahoe

  • "surely the fairest picture the whole world affords"
  • "to breathe the same air as the angels, you must go toTahoe"
  • "Lake Tahoe would restore an Egyptian Mummy to his pristine vigour"



Mark Twain


I had a good sleep but still not feeling as well as I hoped so I've decided to have a quiet day and catch up on a few things. 

Three days worth of blogs and a trip to the supermarket for supplies all done. I also finally found a T Mobile to renew my US sim card for the rest of my trip. It cost fifty dollars for a month with unlimited data. I've only got a week left and I could use my Telstra sim but at  $10 per day with limited data it means T Mobile is the cheaper option and I'll still have all my Telstra data when I get back. I can't afford to run out of data here because I'm relying on  my phone GPS to find my way.

I went for a walk down to the lake and I'm running out of superlatives to describe it. To paraphrase someone we all love to hate.....It's the best....it's yuge....it's the biggest...it's the wettest etc etc. This may be the only time me and him agree. lol.

Theres some chilly weather pending but I'll be heading into the desert from tomorrow so my weather will only get warmer - I think.




Lake Tahoe













Even the fast food buildings fit in with the ambience of the place

KFC

McDonalds

The lake is 1645 feet deep - it holds 39 trillion gallons of water.
It's 22 miles long and 12 miles wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment