Wednesday 14 December 2016

The Scales of Just-arse!!


Fort Worth, Texas

Weather Max 12 Min 1

Talking about the weather........how does this even make sense ........Max of 24 C & 21 C Friday & Saturday then -1 C on Sunday.....MAXIMUM!! Thats just crazy. And then -8 overnight.



Talking about arses........you know how deep down everyone has a weight in the back of their mind.....the one that if you go over, you know you have crossed  the line........ and you know you'll never go over that weight because if you do, life as you know it will be over? The immediate response usually involves  bridges and jumping. You know that weight?  Well the scales in the gym say I'm 3 kilos OVER it! The last 3 1/2 weeks I have done NO exercise and every calorie I have eaten has doubled in size and attached itself  to said arse.

Sooooo.....as I don't want to jump off a bridge....I spent 20 minutes on the stationary bike in the gym this morning and 30 minutes on the treadmill this afternoon and walked a few miles in a huge mall and ate only healthy food all day. I figure if I do this every day for the next 3 months my plane will just get off the ground when I return to OZ  :(

The Mall I went to was the South Lakes Mall in Fort Worth and it was HUGE!!  It reminded me of walking around Disneyland. Old style buildings all set up in street fashion rather than under one roof.  Every type of store you can think of there.  I got a haircut .......only cost $15......nice.  I spent a lot of time in Starbucks and also Barnes and Noble. It was a good day!

South Lake Mall

South Lake Mall

Beautiful gardens at the Mall

Movie's - yay - out of the cold.


It was VERY COLD ( 4 degrees C) and I spotted a movie theatre  and made a beeline for it and bought a ticket for the first movie that was showing.  Office Christmas Party - Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman. Quite good  and some big laughs.

The mall was a 20 minute drive from the hotel and I was taken there by the hotel shuttle. The front desk gave me a card with a number to call when I wanted to return and I was to wait outside Barnes & Noble to be picked up. I called 7 times over a period of an hour and a half and left voicemails and never got a response so I didn't know if someone was coming or not and I had to wait out in the cold. Did I mention it was VERY COLD. I didn't want to catch a cab in case the shuttle turned up. Finally I got hold of a real person and they hadn't  got any of the messages. They had given me the wrong card. Grrrrrrrr. Anyway, a lovely man called Eric came and got me and he was suitably repentant for the miscommunication etc etc.  When we got back to the hotel he gave me a voucher so dinner tomorrow night is free.  Nice :)

PS  after my 3 hours sleep in 36 hours during my journey to Fort Worth I showered and went to bed last night and read 3 words of my book and the next thing it was 6:30 this morning. Bliss.
















No comments:

Post a Comment