Monday 12 December 2016

On the road again...... :)

Little Rock Arkansas

Weather Max 13 Min 6

Well ....here I go again. Kae took me to Conway this afternoon and I caught the bus to Little Rock Arkansas. 


Waiting at the Service Station
for the bus to Little Rock
Thank you Kae and Ang for your hospitality . I love you guys and will miss you and look forward to you visiting us in Australia.

I'm currently in a hotel in Little Rock but will be going to Union Station to catch the Train - The Texas Eagle - to Fort Worth Texas where I will be staying for 4 nights. The train goes at 3:10 AM!! so I will need to leave here about 2 am-ish. The trip takes about 10 1/2 hours. Now this all sounds great but Amtrak are notorious for being late - by hours - anyway. They then advised there may be further delays due to line work further north. Add to that, the train is coming from Chicago which is experiencing heavy snowfall and I will be amazed if we get there at all. It will be interesting.

Meanwhile I am in this hotel for a few hours - the train station doesn't open till 10:30 pm and with the number of shootings and other nasty things that have happened in Little Rock this month I'll play it safe.  

Random - I watch Love Actually every Christmas - my favourite Christmas movie.  I thought I was going to miss it this year but just as I got settled to do my blog I turned on the Telly and guess what was on . Happy face. I get my Liam Neesan fix and Andrew Lincoln looks gorgeous in pre Walking Dead fame.
How good is that!

Random - how come we pay $4.00 a bottle for water at the movies and yet the local Servo sells it for 21 cents a bottle.





Random - I haven't seen these before - do we have them in Oz? You just set the whole bag on fire.




Random - on sale in the Servo - I didn't buy one :)



My beautiful grand dog Derek who gets his picture here whenever I want because I love him and miss his unconditional love and hugs xxx........ and just look at that bloody face......can you hear my heart melting?





No comments:

Post a Comment