Wednesday 9 November 2016

Last Day in Crescent City :(

Crescent City California

Weather Max 19 Min 13

This blog is for Tuesday November 8

Got up a bit earlier so I could say goodby to Gavin and Danny before they go to school - I'm going to miss their faces and the hugs and kisses. Very loving, good boys.


Angie and I drove down the coast and I am still in awe of it's beauty.



Magnificent


We headed out to The Trees of Mystery where we walked amongst the huge redwoods. It's amazing to think some of these trees have been here for thousands of years.


I dont know if these plaques will show up on your
devices but the second left one is where this tree's
growth was  when the Magna Carta
was signed in 1215.


It was a glorious day - a bit crisp but very sunny and walking through these huge trees was really something. We  got on a skyrail  and travelled to the top of the mountain - right in amongst the tree tops.






Mixing it up on the mountain top

Not so cocky when I saw how little of the
cabin was actually attached to the cable






.

A trip to the gift shop afterwards caught me in an awkward moment with a sasquatch - that's me on the left if you are unsure :(

True love



Leaving here we headed to the post office to send Lee the requested  4 cans of "Squeezy Cheese"  plus another gift  and I felt faint at the postage cost - $64. It cost more than the entire contents. No more gifts for Lee!!

I accompanied Angie while she placed her vote in today's US election and then we had lunch at the Chartroom restaurant right on the harbour. The food was very good and the view wonderful.

We returned home as it was time for me to pack up and leave Crescent City and travel on to Medford. Larry was heading north on Police business and kindly drove me to Medford saving me a tedious bus trip.

I can't thank Angie and Larry nearly enough. They took in a virtual stranger and gave me the most wonderful time. I have never met people more generous with their time and home and the places they took me to and the sights they showed me, will not be forgotten. I look forward to seeing you again on the return trip xxxx

The Election! What can I say. While the election is an internal issue for America and it is their decision who they install as President it has had some far reaching ripple effects around the world.  I can honestly say that people in Australia at least, are dumbstruck at the result - no-one predicted it.

From a purely personal point of view, my retirement savings are tied up in shares with my superannuation company and  $35 billion  has been wiped off the Australian stock market as he edged closer to victory. Stock markets around the world are suffering similar fates. I should have taken it out of the Super Fund before I left maybe .....who knows.

I'm not sure at this point to what degree this will effect me - but effect me it will. I may have to consider cutting my travels short once I can check with my super company exactly what is happening.

I'm feeling quite low about my future and now I'm having computer issues grrr. I've booked travel and accommodation to Portland Oregon for Friday 11th so I will visit an Apple shop with fingers crossed. Last night - with spotty internet and temperamental computer I gave up trying to do my blog. It's now 4.30 am and I am doing a little better and using the Hot Spot on my phone to connect.

I settled for a late dinner from the Chinese restaurant across the road. Tasty but way too much of one meal. Luckily I have a fridge here and I will have it for dinner tomorrow.


Kung Pao Chicken 


I really need a haircut - Gia! Where are you when I need you. I'm beginning to look like that sasquatch!!


2 comments:

  1. Hope you manage to get your computer problems sorted, and really hope that you don't end up having to cut your trip short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo.. Puter working ok on Iphone hotspot so I'm thinking its not the Puter's fault. May be coincidentally 2 bad wi fi connnections. In this motel ipad is also dodgy. We'll see. I see the stock market in USA has rallied again. Australia hasn't opened yet so will watch and wait= and keep fingers crossed x

      Delete