Monday 7 November 2016

Catching up with old friends

Crescent City California

Weather Max 18 Min 11

Today Angie and I went to visit Kyle and Curtis. When Lee and I were travelling in this area in 2011 we had multiple breakdowns with our Camper Van and Kyle  and his dad came to the rescue each time. In 2011 Kyle was a 19 year old just starting out in business and he's certainly doing well for himself. So nice to see your smiley face again. xx Thanks again to you and Curtis for getting us safely back on the road back then.

Kyle Yenawine

Big new workshop


Kyle and Curtis and Kyle's bother and sister


After we left there Angie had an appointment and we then had a nice healthy lunch - Angie's amazing weight loss is an inspiration and I will have to try to emulate her success.  Hard while I'm on the road but I will try :)

We went for a drive along the beach and then to Ocean World and bought some gifts for Lee which I will post tomorrow and then  it was time to pick the kids up from school.

I leave Crescent City tomorrow for Medford where I will meet up with another friend, Thomas Ashton. Thomas lived in my home town of Adelaide (Australia) many years ago  although I never knew him at the time. We became acquainted through a random meeting between Lee and Thomas's nephew I believe he was, while she was in Hawaii  much later and I'm looking forward very much to meeting Thomas in person on Wednesday. 

I spent a couple of hours trying to ascertain a means of transport for Friday  from Medford to Portland without much success. When I get to Medford I'll call in at the Amtrak office and see what we can do.

Angie cooked another great dinner and we discussed tomorrow's looming election. It'll be a very interesting time in America and I hope that whatever the result there is no violence as predicted.

Well. you saw Derek's pre snip picture yesterday and this is his happy glowing face today.  As you can see he is not at all impressed with his new slim lined boy bits.


Mr Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment