Sunday 1 January 2012

Staten Island Ferry

1 January 2012 - caught the subway into Battery Point - getting to be quite the NY Subway traveller - with my own little Metro ticket. I walked over to the Ferry terminal and couldn't find the ticket office. I looked everywhere and it is a huge terminal and finally asked a policeman and he said there was no charge. I couldn't believe it was free.....not much on this trip has been free.  I really enjoyed the boat ride. The Statue of Liberty was quite impressive but again not as big as I thought it would be.
Staten Island Ferry
Isn't she beautiful?
After the ferry I just walked for about 2 hours - my feet were killing me especially after my big walk last night - but I had a ball. Just walking and looking and smelling. Met a few folk along the way.
Good ol' Uncle Sam
I was exhausted after my walk and thought bugger it....I'll catch a cab but then I thought...NO!!...and I found the right train...changed at Jay Street and found my way home. I don't feel so scared any more now although I'm still cautious.   The day was cool - 10 C - but blue skies and no wind and was really quite perfect!!

Bugs #1486

No comments:

Post a Comment