Sunday 11 December 2011

Killing time in Los Angeles

10 December & 11 December 2011 - Well I Googled "Sights to see in Los Angeles" to fill in a few days I have left here. It seems, however, that I have already seen everything of note. I'm sure there must be more but I can't find anything. Yesterday and today I just went for major walks - miles and miles - and confirmed in my mind that LA is not in my top 5 cities....in fact not even in the top 10. Adelaide you look beautiful, clean and well organised and are user friendly compared to LA. I haven't felt threatened in Adelaide but I can't say the same for LA.  The other day - just down the street on Santa Monica and Vine - a gunman just opened fire on motorists and pedestrians because he wanted to die. Suicide by cop. Why wouldn't he just go take something instead of shooting innocent people just out doing their Saturday shopping. I don't know...just a different mind set here.

Today I walked all up way past Santa Monica Bvd to Sunset Bvd and beyond. Being Sunday all the Porsches and Maseratis were out on display. It was a nice day - bit cooler than forecast and apparently we have a big storm coming in tonight.   The smog this morning was pretty bad too - see the photo below/


Nice clean air lol
Bugs #1263

No comments:

Post a Comment