Wednesday 14 December 2011

OK......So we have a change of plan.....

14 December 2011- after communicating with Kae & Angie last night re "getting my ass to Arkansas" for Christmas and "getting my stocking stuffed" I figured I better book my train trip leaving San Diego on Friday 16 th after doing the zoo today. HOWEVER - when I got on line it seemed I left my run too late. Everything was booked up from Friday onward that could get me to Arkansas before Christmas - best I could get was arriving in Little Rock at midnight Christmas night :(

I tried bringing the trip forwards a day but no luck. Similar problem with the airlines - the only flights cost around $800 one way with a stop over. I then tried the train again for today and managed to get a booking - 10.40 am to LA (2 hrs 45 mins)  then change trains to Little Rock leaving at 3 pm today gets in Friday at 11.30 pm (54 hrs).

It will be a long trip but it will be worth it - I have my kindle and lap top so all will be fine. I double checked an hour later and there were no bookings left at all - I must have got the last one...phew!!

Gordon and I went out for dinner - Irish Pub - and had a magnificent Shepherds Pie followed by hot apple pie and custard - ate way to much - again - but it was scrumptious.

Gordon enjoyed his pint

I also found another couple of businesses I liked the names of and everything looked pretty with the fairy lights. I was obviously in party avenue because there was a lot of revelling going on most of the night and this combined with the fact I'm reading a REALLY good book stopped me from getting much sleep. I'll soon catch that up in the next few days on the train though. There was a lot of yelling at one stage and even though it was only 8 degrees Centigrade there was this dude naked from the waist up pushing a shopping trolley filled with his worldly goods and with a giant American flag flying above it screaming his lungs out. I couldn't make out what he was saying but the Police eventually came. Come to think of it there was a lot of police sirens and cars most of the night. Must ahve been a good party :)
Market St

Love it

No comments:

Post a Comment