Friday 9 December 2011

Making Plans

9 December 2011 - I have shaken myself out of my lethargy (almost) and have booked accommodation in San Diego for Tuesday through Friday next week and now that I've made the move I am anxious to get out of LA.  LA doesn't grab me but I will try to get out and see a few more places before I leave.

I've booked to travel down by Amtrak train and am looking forward to that - I love trains.

At San Diego I plan to visit Susanne and her little baby Madison :) and also the San Diego Zoo. May venture into Tijuana but not real sure on that one as I have been advised it isn't safe. Will investigate further.

2 comments:

  1. San Diego is lovely, we went specifically to visit the zoo as I'd always wanted to see a panda. While we were there though we decided we might as well cross the border in Tijuana. It's an experience I'd never want to repeat, and we spent longer standing in line to get our passports checked for re-entry into the US than we did actually looking around the place. Once in we just wanted to get the hell back out of there. We didn't feel safe, and even Joe who was 7 at the time was being hassled by kids begging him for money. Personally I wouldn't recommend going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo - this is the kind of thing people are telling me. Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete