Saturday 26 November 2011

I can Fly.............wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

24 & 25 November 2011 - Spent a couple of days enjoying the sights and sounds and smells of Las Vegas. Lost some $$$$'s on the pokies and met a few people. Stayed at Caesar's Palace the first two night and Bellagio's the third night. We hadn't planned to stay the third night but we were late back FROM SKY DIVING - YES YOU HEARD ME - SKY DIVING - so we decided what the hell!  Bellagio's is expensive but very very very very robes-in-the-cupboard and electric-curtains nice.


Bellagio's
Bellagio's
Bellagio's

Back to the SKY DIVING!!! YAY!!! Was very scared and had shaky hands and stomach cramps - and that was just in the waiting room. However - when the time came I was very calm and got suited up and got in the plane strapped to a lovely man called Leonard. We were first on the plane and last off and while I was waiting to go it was time and suddenly it was  all ok and then we were out the door and falling. Wind rushing by but the last thing I thought about was danger. Then the shute opened and we were floating through the air enjoying the sights way way below (We jumped from 15,000 feet) We had a perfect landing and I was quite reluctant to let Leonard unbuckle me. :)  The actual act of leaving the plane was the thing that I thought would be the hardest and the part that scared me the most and I am so hyped that I could do it.
Absolutely Awesome!!
26 November 2011 - Stayed at the Bellagio till the very last minute then headed for Death Valley. Nice drive and remarkable scenery. Skydiving was something to cross off my Bucket List and today I ran in Death Valley - another thing on my list now gone :).
Beautiful scenery
Death Valley - like a moonscape
We are now in Kingman Arizona and tomorrow will head off to the Grand Canyon

Miles 322.6 (519.4 kms)      Bugs #1147   OLD $23

1 comment: