Tuesday 22 November 2011

Aspen....you are beautiful!

22 November 2011 - Spent the day in Aspen Colorado and it is without a doubt the most beautiful place I have ever been. Now I can accept that on another day....or in the off season.... it might be as ugly as a hat full of monkey's bums but today it was pristine, picture book perfect......all bathed in glorious sunshine and clean air. This now ranks as my number one town in the USA (that I have visited)...and anywhere else. I felt quite in awe of the beauty of this place.  We met up with Sarah LB ... friend of Lee's from Brighton High...who has worked in Aspen for the last 5 years....and she also loves the place.

Has to be careful on the roads in town - very slippery and I saw a few close shaves.
They looked like they'd been sprinkled with Icing Sugar

From the Bakery window

So beautiful
After a lovely day in Aspen we left late afternoon - destination now is Las Vegas but this will take a couple of days. Tonight we have made it to Grand Junction Colorado. Got in late but it does look like a lovely town. The scenery on the way was also awe inspiring - I think I need to live in Colorado.
Colorado's amazing skyline

Coming in to Grand Junction
Miles # 169.4 (272.6 km)    Bugs# 1138      OLD$23

No comments:

Post a Comment