Friday 19 October 2018

Heading north.



18 October 2018

Up early to travel by Amtrak from LA to Pismo Beach. I'm glad I made an early start as the normal Los Angeles chaotic morning traffic was made worse by a bad accident. Again I'm travelling Business Class as it costs very little more and you get to sit in the lounge out of the hubbub and there are free pastries and coffee/tea. Also when your train arrives you don't need to wrestle with all your cases trying to get to the right platform. You get a free ride in one of these,  right to the door.


Amtrak transport door to door

It was another gorgeous day and travelling northwards the Pacific Ocean is on the left and very close to the train line. Some beautiful scenery.  The photos would have been better if the windows weren't so grubby lol.


Newspaper, Netflix, Coffee,
Muffin and beautiful scenery.
A nice way to travel.








Being a van traveller myself I was impressed with the wide variety of campers and motor homes parked along the way and I felt a wave of homesickness for my van and my dog.











Amtrak schedules are an oxymoron. I have never yet arrived at a destination at the prescribed time and this trip was no different. ETA was 12:15 pm and we pulled into Pismo Beach station at 2:30 pm. It wasn't an issue for me as I was just enjoying the trip but must drive regulars crazy.

I finally got settled into my Motel - which I hate but can't do much about. I'm here for 2 sleeps and I can manage that.
I went out exploring and looking for a late lunch or an early dinner - I wasn't fussy which.

Pismo Beach






I checked out all the food options and settled for the Cobb Salad with blue cheese dressing which came with the garlic bread. It tasted fantastic but was way, way too much. I decided to call it early dinner.


Cobb Salad

Garlic Bread

I need to either do some washing or buy some new clothes......maybe the washing can wait till I get to Monterey and I'll buy some T shirts meanwhile.  I'm pretty well addicted to T shirts as they are the most sensible and comfortable clothing ever but I haven't even bought one yet. 

Something big happened while I was in the restaurant. I came out and saw 2 cops doing some first aid on a guys hand and getting his details. Then a motorbike cop arrived plus two more cop cars. Then as I was walking away a big fire engine and a small one and an ambulance came by.  I missed all the excitement while I was feeding my face!!!

Early night with TV and see what tomorrow brings.

3 comments:

  1. Please remain an observer, after the fact preferably. 😳

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying to add a comment but won’t work lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha. Now it works. Will definitely be an observer only.

      Delete