Monday 24 October 2016

"I'd love to be...under the sea...in an octopuses garden in the shade" Ringo Starr

Weather Max 22 Min 12

Gorgeous day today. Mild, clear, honking seals and noisy seagulls and sailing boats in a sleepy harbour. Perfection. When I was a kid and did jig saw puzzles this was my ideal scene.

Cannery Row

I started off by going to the Monterey Aquarium. Very impressive and got a decent "old lady discount" :)


$10 Granny Discount


I spent quite a few hours in the aquarium and these photos don't do it justice... it was quite amazing.


This diver was hand feeding the fish

A sign on the wall as you go in and it really felt like you were under the sea

I'm not sure why they thought I would ...but I did stay fully clothed.

 I left the aquarium to go for a wander, not realising I was right next to my coffee house from yesterday so I spent another couple of hours drinking coffee on Cannery Row and reading THE book. Most enjoyable.

I set off to walk the 5 miles back to the Motel and maybe I got lost once or twice...or maybe I didn't. I did end up back at the motel....eventually. Some lovely sights along the way.

Beautiful park area

The Autumn foliage is gorgeous




Fat Old seal.....I don't think he moved except to honk all day




I was relieved to get back to the motel....... I wasn't lost I tell you .......  I just located an up till now undiscovered route ;(   

I'd previously asked the not-so-helpful dude at reception if there was a laundry and he said no. He never mentioned there was a laundromat 300 meters down the road. Jerk!! I came across it by accident. I have found a lot of that attitude and I don't understand it in a service industry. How hard is it say "sorry, no, we don't have a laundry but there is one just down the road"? So easy to provide that extra bit of information.

I spent the next hour or so beating my clothes on the rock at the laundromat and stopped at Denny's for a steak and egg and hash brown.



Last night there were people in the room next door and they stomped and banged around till after midnight - I hope they have moved on tonight. Together with the noise and the cold night - one thin blanket on the bed - I didn't get a lot of sleep. I did end up getting my sleeping bag out and I was warm as toast.

Tomorrow is my last day in this neck of the woods so i'm thinking of heading to Car-mel......not Carmel. If you say Carmel noone knows what you mean. To me it doesn't seem like a huge mispronunciation but you would have thought I had said Woolloomooloo or Yorkey's Knob.  Ok ....I'm obviously tired and fractious so I'll send myself to my room and have an early night lol. Maybe I'll see Clint Eastwood tomorrow ...in Car-Mel.....and he can go ahead and make my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment