Tuesday 26 April 2016

Sydney Day Three

I was so anxious not to sleep in and miss my 8:15  appointment that I hardly slept all night. At 3 am I gave up and had some cereal and a cup of tea and watched some TV. I'm getting the feeling that once I retire I'm just going to get right into the groove lol. 

I was up at 5 and left at 7 for my appointment. I bought a coffee and sat staring at the building, just in case it tried to slip away again. A man came up and tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I knew where the US Consulate was. WTF!! I looked for the hidden cameras. After all my dramas finding it (and then keeping it in sight) over the last couple of days it was just a ridiculous twist to be asked if I knew where it was.

All went well with the visa with a bonus. For a 5 year extension on the visa using my Aussie passport it would cost $160. But because I have a British passport I get it for ten years....and for free!.. I felt they owed me something after all the stress and there it was :)

Had a second breakfast at the Lindt Cafe and then came across some of the Channel 7 Breakfast Show hosts doing a bit of a meet and greet in  Martin Place outside the studios.

Natalie Barr - she is soooo skinny

Beretts
Martin Place....if I never see you again it will be too soon.....you confuse me.

My feet were a bit sore after all my traipsing the last couple of days so I hopped on to a Hop on Hop off bus. Was a perfect day and I travelled for 4 hours all over Sydney - Bondi Beach, Rose Bay, Point Piper, Vaucluse....and yes...we came remarkably close to Martin Pl but veered off just in time. It was great to see all these places I've only heard about. It was a very pleasant day and I topped it off with another pub special early dinner.

The steak was cooked to perfection

On the way back I just HAD to stop in at this Apple shop. THREE floors...crazy....and no...I didn't buy anything....this time.

Apple Shop
 The shuttle picks me up at 6.55 am tomorrow to head to the airport for the return trip. I've had fun in Sydney....mostly.......I can mark it down as yet another city I've been lost in,

No comments:

Post a Comment