Tuesday 2 October 2012

Up and Down like a yoyo...!!

Well!! Tomorrow's the big day....the removalists are coming at 8.30 am and while they are packing the container I'll pack my car with the gear I am taking with me. The stuff in the container might not come for up to 3 weeks as it isn't a full load so I have to take a lot of essentials with me in the car. Hope there's room for me.!!!

I was naughty on Saturday and went out and bought a 50" LCD TV........I know it would have made more sense to buy it once I get to Brisbane but it was a good deal....and....and....and...I just wanted it.  Once I get to Brisbane and start paying full rent and utilities I won't be able to afford to do things like that so I thought...why not......an early Birthday present for myself. Gee...I'm good to me :)

My health has been all over the place this last week. Feeling quite good one minute then hit with debilitating fatigue the next. I thought I was getting over all that after 9 months of it but I guess the hernia operation may have caused a rebound.  The trip is 2040 kms so if it takes a week so be it....I'll just drive till I start getting tired and then book into a motel.....regardless of what time it is. It's no race.

The good news is I'm taking the dog, Jack, with me. The bad news is that he is cremated and in a little wooden chest. Now I call him Jack-in-the-box.  At least it will give me someone to talk to lol

I've grown extra fat this last couple of weeks - saying my good byes and eating lots of hotel meals. I'm looking forward to eating well again and getting some miles on my chubbier- day-by-day legs.

It goes without saying that I'm pretty excited at this point so I won't say it. hehehehe

During the USA trip I counted VW bugs and during the Adelaide - Melbourne - Sydney trip I counted road kill. Not sure what I'll count this time. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Missed reading this part of your blog, glad I caught up with it. I hope you have insured the things travelling by truck...especially the new TV!!! Glad you took jack with you...hope you had some long & meaningful conversations!!!
    Now you have arrived I hope you rest up for a while and start looking after your health...no point doing all this just to fall off the perch now!! You've achieved a lot in a remarkably small space of time so slow down & smell the flowers for a while xx

    ReplyDelete