Tuesday 15 November 2011

Van Horn to El Paso to ....Truth and Consequences and Elephant Butts....say what

16 November 2011 - got a late start cos we stayed up till 3 am catching up on blogs and watching Family Man on TV. Good thing though is we crossed a time zone and got an hour back. Got to El Paso in time to see a big car bingle....big mess....and catch lunch at Denny's.   Had a drive around and checked out the USA/Mexico border. Lots of Border Guard cars around.  Beautiful sunny day.
Mexican Border
 Spotted the Rio Grande but unfortunately it was a little dry :( - John Wayne would not be happy.
Rio Grande river New Mexico
Dry (almost) Rio Grande
I love the names of the towns around here...seeing is believing.

Now at Motel 6 in a town called Truth and Consequences - below is a copy & paste from my Facebook Status

Truth IS stranger than fiction. Picture this...I am in New Mexico...in a town called...wait for it....Truth and Consequences..(YES). Went to Macca's and asked for a Happy Meal. The guy had to ask what that was..and...there's more...his name is...Jesus. Two other people who worked there were yelling at each other. All the orders got mixed up....my Happy Meal & parfait turned into 8 burgers, 4 coffees and a Happy Meal. After 18 minutes I got my meal but realised when I got to my hotel I never got a drink. All the other people waiting were laughing and that made one of the yellers really mad. It was like a Maccas version of Fawlty Towers. OH! And my meal was cold but the entertainment was good.




Miles#266.1 (428.2 kms)                      Bugs#    1099                   OLD$13

No comments:

Post a Comment