Thursday 13 October 2011

Welcome to Seniorhood

We rose and had a nutritious breakfast at McDonald's hehehe and drove around Burlington - nice town. We then made our way to Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory. Very interesting and very tasty yum. So...by midday I had eaten Macca's and Ice Cream...hmmm...that should cover all the food groups :) At Ben & Jerry's I got my first senior discount - $1 off my tour lol.
lol - me and the Kid!

Went on to Mt Sunapee in New Hampshire where we booked in for the night. We  travelled though the heart of Vermont's beautiful display of autumn foliage. This was a high point of the trip for me - I loved it so much. I had no idea that there were so many hues of green and brown and yellow and orange and red - sometimes all on one tree. I've already said that any photos I take just can't do it justice and I haven't the words to describe it.


The bad news is that we also saw the after affects of  Irene. We had lunch in a beautiful place called Rochester and there were houses that had been washed away and the roads were really chewed up.
So Sad

Love the sign
The day was damp and cold and became very misty but it seemed the right sort of weather for the countryside. Vermont is a truly beautiful state and even the scars of Irene can't take that away.
Miles #  213 (342 kms) Bugs # 834

No comments:

Post a Comment