Tuesday 25 October 2011

Washington DC

25 October - Headed off this morning to the Australian Embassy and applied for a temporary Passport. Cried some more because that's all I had. :(     I am having trouble accepting what has happened. I feel like someone stole my identity - would rather it was my camera or something easily replaceable but the passports meant a great deal to me - a symbol of my new life.

Walked for miles around Washington and saw the White House (much smaller than I ever thought),  Capitol Hill, the FBI HQ, the Washington Monument, Obama's piggy bank (the Treasury Building), the art museum. The architecture is beautiful and the streets wide and clean and the park superb. The weather was warm like a spring day. As I was feeling a bit down still we decided a hair cut and colour was in order so I am now a newly coiffured brown pricklehead and Lee has  shorter than normal (for her) red hair. We both feel better for it and so to keep the good mood rolling we went to Macy's and bought new bags and purses...just coz!!

Bugs # 941 OLD $3.00
Obama's House
They wouldn't let me in

I'm GLAD they didn't let me in

2 comments:

  1. Cheer up, kiddo. I'm much happier when you and Lee are too! By the way, make sure Lee doesn't pinch your iPhone. I detect withdrawal symptoms. Where are you off to after Washington DC? North or South? Buona fortuna, Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) We are in Virginia heading South - ready to go to Key Largo and stand on a boat and sing the song. Hopefully Lee will get a new phone in next day or too but meanwhile she's struggling along on y old Samsung "never should have been" phone. At least we can find each other if we get lost. Did your parcels arrive yet?
    Buena Suerte

    ReplyDelete