Friday 2 September 2011

Reflections

Whilst I was in East Glacier National Park I got up early one morning and sat outside and had a coffee or three.  I looked around and I lost count of how many different shades of green I could see. It was so quiet and still and the sky was a brilliant blue with just a few wispy clouds and the hillside was covered in tall pine trees. Opposite me was a cut in the hillside half way up and a very very long train was chugging along - Union Pacific.  There was just the hint of a breeze and the sun was pleasantly warm. Nearby was a white steeple of a church and the mountains in the distance were snow capped.  The houses that I could see were made of timber and were very picturesque. I felt so at peace with everything. Have I done the right thing in throwing everything in and taking this trip?  Yes!! I have no doubt at all.

1 comment:

  1. You certainly have done the right thing. Just look how much your life has been enriched already and you are only just at the beginning of your journey. Enjoy every day to the fullest, just as you obviously enjoyed this special moment.

    ReplyDelete