Wednesday 31 August 2011

♫♫Take me back to the Black Hills...the Black Hills of Dakota.....♫♫

Spent the day discovering Deadwood. Did a bus trip around the sites including the graveyard where Wild Bill Hickcock and Calamity Jane are buried. I don't know how they ever cast Doris Day in the movie but the reality wasn't purty!!  We are lying in the camper at the moment and there is a huge storm happening. Very loud thunder and raindrops a bucket full at a time...ok...I exaggerate but it is pretty noisy and those who know me well also know that I am not keen on thunder and lightning. :(  I do like Deadwood - great little town.
We also saw a re enacted gunfight in the main street...very realistic with very loud guns. Was an exceptionally hot day. Bugs # 520
Wild Bill Hickcock

5 comments:

  1. Lee, You've gone quite! Where are you? Cheers, Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Oh the deadwood stage is coming on over the hill." Sounds fab. I hear Bollywood are considering a re-make of that very fab filum ... Interested Kalamiti?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol Good music in the old film - "Once I had a Secret Love" - great song. If Bollywood get hold of it I might have to wear ear plugs when I go see it. lol.

    ReplyDelete