Wednesday 5 July 2017

A Week in Wardell



What do you think of the new look blog? I thought it was time for a spruce up :)

After a month of dog sitting Derek in Brisbane I headed south to NSW to a 1 week sit in Wardell NSW for Julie and Ryan. My charges being Bailey the dog, Bowie the rabbit and 6 anonymous chooks.


Bridge over Richmond
 River at Wardell






Richmond River

The daytime weather has been terrific - 25 C but the nights have been cold. Quite perfect really for the middle of winter.

I  must admit to vegging a lot and watching a lot of Netflix. "The Fall" - "Keepers" - "Fargo #2" - "Outlander #2"  but I've  also managed some lovely walks. The area is rural and very beautiful.

Once again I scared myself. I was walking along the river edge and then took a side road while listening to a podcast about the East Area Rapist in California. There wasn't a soul in sight and Mr Google Maps directed me up a side road. It didn't seem to lead anywhere - was called Swamp Street and was a No Through Road. Aaarggh! Against my better judgement I continued on and ended up ankle deep in muddy water. Swamp Street indeed!! It actually lead out on to the main highway and was only a short distance from home. I don't need scary movies and podcasts to scare myself - I can do it all alone!!







                            Bailey is so cute and lovely and 
                                    a real snuggle bug.


Watching scary movies with Bailey


First thing I saw on waking from
my nap - sitting on my chest

I stopped at the Ballina RSL for lunch today after my shopping. Best food for minimum cost

Roast Pork YUM


View from the RSL

Ballina has rapidly become one of my favourite places to visit. beautiful place.








I went for a drive up the coast north of Ballina around Lennox Heads on Sunday where the scenery is spectacular. Great beaches and I saw a whale appear but then disappear too quick to get a photo :(














I leave Wardell tomorrow and hopefully have a few days in the Ballina Caravan Park before returning to Brisbane for my next house sit in Banyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment