Sunday 27 November 2016

Three States in One Day........******wipes sweat from brow******

Plattsmouth, Nebraska

"Somewhere", Iowa

and Clinton, Missouri


Weather - cold and soggy :)

I awoke in Plattsmouth, Nebraska at Steve and Amy and Lexi's house. So appreciative of their  kind hospitality ...even though I spied what I considered a GIANT possum on their verandah (apparently it was only a small one - NOT!) . 

Big little possum

I then shared a room with two Gerbils. They were very cute and fluffy and I christened them Chip and Dale. BUT.... They engaged  in renovations of their cage during the night hours. Or at least that's what I hope they were doing. Lexi....you need to tell them to get a room.


Chateau Steve and Amy


Toll bridge and out of Nebraska and into Iowa

Kae and Ang and I hit the road early with the aim to get to Clinton Missouri by midday-ish stopping at  the Cracker Barrel in St Joseph Missouri for breakfast. A nice feed and I was amazed at the giant Snicker's Bar and the giant Ferrero Rocher. A treat for another day ....or week.








We took off again and there seemed to be a lot of police on the road.........I guess monitoring all the traffic returning home after Thanksgiving. A few cars earned and extra holiday surprise by the look of it.

The route was fairly flat and bare - Aussies think of the Hay Plains.


Wild geese

We drove though Kansas City and got to Clinton in good time, just as the predicted rain started to fall and booked into our hotel. A very nice place  and I so looked forward to having a Gerbil free nap on the big comfy bed - I really do love them Lexi :) - but it was not to be. After managing to stay awake during the drive,  sleep eluded me.




At 6 pm we met up with D'Anna Jurgensmeyer. D'Anna was one of the original internet board members from a group we all belonged to about 15 years ago. We're scattered all over the world and D'Anna is the 6th member I have had the great pleasure to meet up with.  The board ceased to exist a few years back now but we have our own Facebook page and keep in touch still. It's very special to us all.


D'Anna Jurgensmeyer
Me, Kae and D'Anna
After dinner at a Mexican restaurant we said our goodbyes and weaved our weary way back to the hotel. I'm now in bed finishing this blog and a looking forward to  some heavy duty sleeping.







2 comments:

  1. It is hard to imagine getting through three states in Australia in one day. Nice series of photos btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Thomas. Lol. I can hardly keep up with where I am

    ReplyDelete